Sunday, November 20, 2011

Am I the "queen of filth" ?

I now know that one of the most difficult aspects of marriage is that you don’t always like your partner. Love? Of course, always. But like? Some days it’s just not that easy. What complicates this for me is that my husband never seems to feel that way. Sure we’ve gotten in fights but he never actually says “go away, I don’t like you right now” or look at me like I’m a complete stranger or ever say anything he wishes he could take back.

And maybe this is because we’re so new at this game or perhaps he’s just better at concealing it then I am. Occasionally I wonder if it’s really because he doesn’t know me at all.

When we were first dating and he was working at the same restaurant as a mutual friend, he would always get asked why I said certain things or acted a certain way and every time he would just respond “she’s just like that” without a hint of distaste. Just 100% accepting. My husband ladies and gentlemen, a modern day “Westley”

Westley from the Princess Bride.


Alan, skeptical of my comparison.


When people ask me about him, I always say exactly who he is that day. Annoying? Sure. An asshole? Some days. Adorable? Always.

Am I a bad wife? Worse a bad person because I’m the first to expose this? Or am I just being a typical woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment