Monday, December 26, 2011

Strangers

There is this guy I work with that I'm always discovering new and interesting things about. A few weeks ago I found out he was doing his own research on how the relationship between nationality, age and gender plays on tip ratios. He's up to about 800 tables and is looking to stop at 1000.

On Christmas Eve I learned that he's been keeping a daily journal for the last 6 months. He wakes up early every morning while his family is asleep and writes 3 pages a day. He told me it took him 3 months before it became a habit and when another co-worker complimented his drive, he mentioned something about life only being worth it as long as you're trying to improve yourself.

It's something I've heard a thousand times over but every time its uttered it still catches me off guard.

What type of life are you leading if you're not going to try and continue to improve it?

That's what this blog was supposed to be. An improvement on myself (or at least a gesture). And I've failed myself and you three readers. Sorry about that.

But "HI! I'm back!" A little now maybe a little later.

Just gotta figure out how to get photos on here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment