Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Old friends. Old feelings. Old me...

(PART ONE: BECAUSE BLOGGER IS A JERK AND WON'T LET ME ADD ANY MORE PHOTOS WITHOUT CRASHING! K;JAFK;JASK;JF)

I have been incredibly lucky in my life to always have a small group of core friends.

Despite my shyness and ability to say the complete wrong things at times and the way I mispronounce everything and speak in high disables and sometimes try just WAY too hard, these people still stand me long enough to keep me around for years on end.

In the fall of 1990 after we first moved to Troy I met a girl with a bowl cut that somehow was just weird enough to understand me and laugh at my jokes. Six year old me was funny, I swear. Her and soon a collection of other girls became my best friends for the next decade.


Here we are in 1995ish for my 11th birthday. Look how little and boyish I am. Seriously why did they hang out with me?

At 15 we all found new identities and never really blended together the same way after. So in 2000, with the help of some intense parental pressure I joined a club and made new friends. And while my first set of best friends will always hold a special place in my heart for nostalgic purposes, this second batch (see below) I hope to still see well into our 80s.


Jon: Celebrating his 19th birthday (2001) and his wedding (2011).


Shu: Hanging at a house party (2002) and Alex's wedding (2008).



Kristin: Looking super sexy after band practice (2001) and looking super cute (mostly her, I swear I like smiling!) last month (2011).

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

No comments:

Post a Comment